Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Dwelling Place

Our Dwelling Place is a Safe Place

Welcome to the Encouragement Headquarters, dear friends:
This morning, while searching for another scripture passage, I came across Psalm 90:1,2 which, in turn, reminded me of Psalm 91:1,2. Both Psalms begin with a declaration that those who find their dwelling place in God will be safe and find shelter and rest. Where is your dwelling place today, friend? Do you find refuge in the arms of the eternal God or do you seek satisfaction, fulfillment and peace in places that are fleeting and temporary? I'm thankful this morning that we can "pitch our tent" in the yard of our eternal Father who is "from everlasting to everlasting". No need to pull up stakes tomorrow and move on. He is our final dwelling place! The safe environs of His dwelling should be our final destination. Where are you abiding today?

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90:1,2 (NIV)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2 (NIV)

2 comments:

Saija said...

Amen!

even though we finally found the condo we want to move into ... it is still just a temporary stop ... heaven being our longed for destination!!!!

David Warren Fisher said...

AMEN, Saija!

Thanks for being a fellow pilgrim on the journey home. We'll have lots of stories to tell "in the ages to come".

Did Leo know that Mike got a goal last night in Florida?

Give him my love!

Rejoice in His unfailing love this weekend.

Your friend,

David