Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Babbling Brook

On Christmas day I took a walk in the woods behind our home, down to the creek that runs across the corner of our lot. I hadn't been down there for a couple of months. Usually by this time the snow has made the path impassible but we have no snow and I was able to get down to the creek.

When I got there I saw that I had left our Adirondack chair down there last fall so I sat down and thought deeply for awhile. The sound of the "babbling brook" was music to my ears.

Normally I would be disappointed if we didn't get a White Christmas but not this year. Christmas came and went so quickly! And remember...the days are already getting longer! Hallelujah!

Regardless of the weather, we have a God who care for His own and I have much to thank Him for as we approach the end of another year. It's been a difficult year but the Lord has been faithful and good. He walked with this pilgrim each step of the way even when I wondered what was going to happen next.

I'm reminded afresh of the verse which my Grandma Fisher taught me many years ago:

"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knoweth them that trust in Him." - Nahum 1:7

1 comment:

jel said...

At it again David? :P