Sunday, January 28, 2007

Alone With Jesus

This afternoon I dug into the Pilgrim Scribblings archives and pulled out this poem. Walking alone with Jesus can change your perspective, your day and your lifetime. Try it!

No one in the forest
But my Lord and me;
Walking in the coolness
'Neath the shady trees.

Hand in hand with Jesus
As we walk along;
Troubled when I started
Now I have a song.

Lonely, tired, discouraged
Are you that today?
Take a walk with Jesus
On the narrow way.

Let His arms enfold you
As you journey home;
He will guide you safely
Never more to roam.

He's the Gentle Shepherd
You, the wand'ring lamb;
Walking home with Jesus
He's the great "I AM"!

- David Fisher, October 20/05



3 comments:

Lauren-Mary said...

I hope you don't mind, but I copied this down in my devotions book to read over when I need to! Have you ever read the poem "Footprints"? It's one of my favourites and always a great reminder that the Lord walks with us at all times and carries us when we're weak.

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" - John 8:12

Terry said...

Lauren-Mary says it all David...
Such a great poem!...
I can almost hear George Bev Shea singing it!!...from Terry

jel said...

I third that :)