Sunday, January 21, 2007

Morning Stillness

Good morning, dear friends! I finished work this morning (Sunday) at 7:00 a.m. and took my time coming home. It was such a still, quiet morning. A misty fog covered much of the city of Peterborough as I drove home.

The sun hadn't risen yet but I could tell that it would be spectacular sunrise. I had my trusty SONY with me so I captured some of the morning beauty. Check out some of the pictures on
PILGRIM SCRIBBLINGS.

The stillness gave me a quietness in my spirit as I slowly took the long way home. Normally it's about a 20-25 minute drive but I took the back roads. After the sun had risen I could see its reflection on the snow and on other buildings.

The verse that came to mind was Hebrews 1:3. I love the King James Version rendering of this passage. The writer penned these words, "Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." (Hebrews 1:3)

I remember some of the "saints of old" who would stand up in our "breaking of bread" service and reflect on the first few verses of the Hebrew epistle. A word they often used which I have never forgotten is "effulgence". This morning I checked again on its meaning. Effulgence means "radiant splendor" or "shining forth".

Jesus was the "express image" of the Father. He was God, manifest in the flesh or "shining forth" in the flesh. He was and is the "radiant splendor" of all that God the Father is. He was and is "very God" and "very man". God incarnate!

This morning I was capitivated by the sun in all its glory. More important, I reveled in God's Son, who created and upholds all things by the Word of His power. Rejoice in Him today, this Lord's day. Rejoice that He is now enthroned at God's right hand, a Prince and a Savior.

Be encouraged today! The Son has risen and lives for evermore. He inhabits the praises of His people. Give Him praise today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wrote about sunrise in my blogpost and then came over here to find your sunrise post... And yes, sunrise is something that makes my heart sing praise to the God who's Son rose from the death :)

Terry said...

Dear David... I have never been able to capture the fog in a photo as you have here..

When you click on to the picture it so beautiful...not the buildings, I am thinking of but of all the people INSIDE the buildings and even though it is foggy, how the Lord is looking down right through the mist and straight through the walls and right into the people's hearts and His own great heart of Love is yearning over those who have not yet come to Him and over His own children as he desires for them to live for Him!!

Such a nice posting.

And did I hear about a blog that has a posting about sun rises...Well I am off to it!! Byeee.....from Terry