Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Greetings From Barnabas

Dear friends, it's Tuesday evening and my pilgrimage is quickly coming to a close. I've sensed
the presence of God in a wonderful way during these days. Today during a bout of homesickness or lonesomeness (is that a word?) I reminded myself of the truth that the Lord is with me here just as much as he is when I'm home. When we abide in the shadow of the Almighty we have nothing to fear. He is ever present and communes with us if we but listen to His voice.

Please check out Pilgrim Scribblings and pray for my eye condition. I'm not going to obey the biblical injunction to "pluck it out" but I will get it checked out when I arive home.

Thanks for your prayers, dear friends! Be encouraged today!

2 comments:

Terry said...

How like the Pigrim that you are David! You will never bring a discouraging commet to your Barnabas blog and that is SO nice...From Terry

susanwalkergirl said...

Dearest David,

We will be praying a safe and more roomy journey home.

What a wonderful and amazing trip...a lifetime dream come true. To think that not only did you get to see the homes of these hero's of our Christian faith...you were also faithful to share the Gospel message with the local people.

Kind of like Elijah's low point after his mountaintop experience...the Lord cared for a nurtured His faithful servant. May He do the same for you dear one.

Thank you for sharing...so we could go on your adventure with you in our hearts, mind and spirit.

Blessings...Susan