Monday, November 20, 2006

Don't Abandon The Ship

Chuck Swindoll's "The Grace of Encouragement" desk calendar sits on the window sill beside my desk here in my office. I refer to it most days that I'm here.

This morning's thought was worth sharing (most of them are):

Swindoll writes:

"There is nothing wrong or unnatural with feeling weary, but there is everything wrong with abandoning ship in the midst of the fight."

"Hear me, O Lord; for Thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies." - Psalm 69:16 (KJV)


So, dear friends, as we begin a new week, let's keep sailing towards home, allowing the Captain of our Salvation to take the wheel and guide us to our desired haven. Abandon ship? No way!

"He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and He brought them to their desired haven." - Psalm 107:29,30 (ESV)

Sail on!

6 comments:

Terry said...

Dear David...I guess we would not really appreciate the quiet times so much if we didn't go through the storms, eh?
It seems that you yourself have gone through a lot lately and I hope you are feeling alright..From Terry

Brodie said...

David - this post and "Misty Flats" were needed in my life right now more than you know. Thank you.

jel said...

Morning David,
Hope you are feeling ok!
Blessings!


Morning Terry!

David Warren Fisher said...

jel & the rest of the "Fisher Connection": Today I have two doctors' appointments in Toronto, one with a respirologist and the other with my family doctor to discuss things. They discovered that I DO have sleep apnia so I'll be sleeping with a machine as soon as they get one for me. Apparently I was stopping my breathing about every two minutes or about 30 times an hour. Anyhow, I'm feeling exhausted most days but hopefull the machine will help.

I'll be saying to Carol, "Let me kiss you goodnight before I plug myself in." Wow! Romantic eh!

Thanks for your prayers and concern.

Gratefully,

David

Terry said...

Dear David...You are such a treasure to us and we are glad you told us this.
NOW we can be praying for you for what is exactly happening.
Love to both you and Carol...love Terry

seethroughfaith said...

following eija here :)