Friday, November 24, 2006

'Neath the Shadow of the Cross

My good friend Paul Mackay is a boarder in my mother's home, the ol' homestead where I spent my childhood.

Precious memories!

Recently Paul captured the imprint of the cross on his Bible as the bright sunshine cascaded across his bedroom...my parents' bedroom when I was growing up. He posted the photo on his blog, Still Rambling.

Oh that the cross would be at the center of all that we do. The main focus of our lives. "But God forbid that I should glory save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Galatians 6:14) It was on the cross that our redemption was purchased by the blood of the Lamb. Redemption is the grand theme of the Bible from cover to cover. May we never forget the impact of the cross, the import of the cross and may we ever bear, in our lives, the imprint of the cross.

3 comments:

jel said...

Hi David,
hope all is well!

was just over at Still Rambling , and it is a cool blog!


have a great day!

Terry said...

Good Saturday morning David..
I have reread this excellent posting and will take it in my heart as I leave for work this cold day.
Wishing you a good day with the Lord's continued blessings...from Terry

Terry said...

Dear David...I have been having trouble with my computer the last few days but hopefully I have it all fixed!!
I was going to tell you that I DID take this posting to work with me on Saturday.
All day long the song that George Beverly Shea used to sing, "The Shadow of the Cross" was playing in my mind! Especially these words
"It is I said a voice.
It was Jesus and a hand was outstretched to me,
And my soul came alive in the shadow of the cross of Calvary.....from Terry