Tuesday, January 16, 2007

HIMSELF

Greetings, dear friends! First of all, thank you so much for your many encouraging comments which are so uplifting. Your kind thoughts are such an encouragement to this fellow pilgrim! What a blessing!

Perhaps I've not articulated this fact in simple words so let me do it here and now:

My posts on "the Barnabas Blog" are birthed in my own life experience. I pray that you can sense that. Usually I seek to encourage others out of my own hurts, my disappointments, my frustrations. My prayer is that "the Barnabas Blog" will NOT be a symposium of pat answers, pet peeves, "pit" experiences, pot shots and put downs but a true source of encouragement, born out in everyday living and grounded in the eternally relevant and wonderfully inerrant word of God.

Which reminds me of a scripture passage that comes back to me time and time again. Many years ago I was ministering to a ballplayer from a visiting team in Montreal and the Lord directed me to this powerful verse. The apostle Peter penned these glorious words, "And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power for ever and ever, AMEN." - 1 Peter 5:10,11 (NIV)

Who restores and make us strong? God HIMSELF. Yes, He can and does use His people to come alongside suffering saints but He HIMSELF is the One who does the inner work of restoration and healing.

Rejoice in this truth today! If you are battling through a difficult circumstance, allow the God of all grace to extend that grace to you today in all its fullness. Know someone who is struggling? You can be an agent of reconciliation today. You can be God's hand extended to a hurting fellow pilgrim. God HIMSELF invites you to participate but He will effect the change. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear David...I have realized this in your postings that it is experiences that you, yourself have been going through and some you have already gone through.
That is why it is such a precious blog.
Sometimes when I read a post you have here, i know that you are going through some trial and you never complian.
You just write to encourage any of us that might be experiencing the same thing.

You truly are a faithful pilgrim. I come to your blog several times a day looking for something new.
It is alway so refreshing!
God continue to bless you Pilgrim David.
I just hope you are not getting tired of my continuous talking!!....From Terry

David Warren Fisher said...

Terry:

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. NO I never get tired of what you write. You are such a blessing to me! May God HIMSELF give you the desires of your heart today as you trust Him fully...for those who trust Him wholly, find Him wholly true!

Much love in Christ,

David, the Pilgrim

Lauren-Mary said...

I agree with Terry- this is indeed a precious blog! It's so rare to find someone who talks so candidly about their walk with Christ, and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say we've been blessed by your entries.