Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sabbatical

For years I've dreamed of taking a sabbatical from some of my regular routines. It's always been near to impossible. How do you leave a job, forsake a family, drop the important things? Usually you can't.

Over the past several years I've resigned from the boards of several organizations in an effort to simplify my life. It has helped somewhat.


Tonight I decided to take a sabbatical, for at least 40 days, from Facebook
.

It's so easy to become addicted to some of these social network systems that are so popular these days. There's a lot of value in these if we discipline ourselves and use them to build and maintain positive relationships and to minister to others but all too often I've found myself leaving silly comments and spending too much time writing things that weren't really that uplifting.


And so...I'm taking some time off.


I'm going to try to concentrate on writing encouraging, thought-provoking posts both here on The Barnabas Blog and over at my other site, Pilgrim Scribblings.


Thanks for your prayers as I seek to refocus...by the enabling of the Spirit of God.


Be encouraged today!


David

No comments: