Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Looking Out For Others

Good morning, friend! Pull up a chair! The coffee is brewing! Christmas music can be faintly heard in the background. It's overcast and foggy outside but "surely the presence of the Lord is in this place."

There, I've set the stage. How are you feeling today? Are you ready to reach out and encourage another struggling pilgrim?

Chuck Swindoll's thought this morning is simple yet profound:

"Thank you, Lord, that I have a few things worth giving. Even if it's a lap to be sat on...or the comfort of a warm embrace." He adds the following scripture passage, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4 (NIV)

So, friend, the Lord will afford opportunities for you and me today (in the midst of our brokenness, pain and anxiety) to minister His healing touch to one of the "others" that Paul spoke of. Pray for opportunities to encourage "others" today! A pat on the back, an infectious smile, a phone call, a note in the mail. Any of these can lift a weary traveler. Be an agent of peace, reconciliation and encouragement today as you journey towards home.

Thanks for stopping by! Leave the door open as you leave! Another visitor should be here any minute now!

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." - Ephesians 1:3 (ESV)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Hello David..
Would you believe it?
I just got up and it it is 12:30!!
I think I was a little tired from Sunday.
Grampa Yade has created a huge photo album of Welland Gospel Hall's 40th anniversary and Bernie and I scanned that huge book on Sunday afternoon.
Lots of time consuming work!
I am going to see if I can make a photo site for it on the internet.

It was 40 years ago, that after the Christians had been meeting in the basement of Mr. and Mrs. Gladwin's home, here in Welland that the brethren purchased land and started to build a hall.[1966].
Grampa Yade was very diligent all these years in writing down a little history here and there and taking photos.
This Sunday they are going to have a special anniversary celebration.

Well anyway, that is no excuse for neglecting to write you a few lines but as I told you once I am a procrastinator in a big way, so NOW it is time to pay the piper.

I haven't written in my blog for a while or even written to many of my blogging buddies so here I am trying to get caught up AGAIN, although I did tell you that I have had a lot of trouble with this computer ever since I downloaded Windows Explore 7 !!

Well I must be going.

I hope you have as wonderfu day Pilgrim David Fisher....From Terry

Saija said...

i'm leaving refreshed, and with a smile ...

Mrs. Mac said...

Another great reminder! I'm leaving the door open :)