Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Your Labor Is Not In Vain

This morning after enjoying a relaxing breakfast with a local pastor, we were standing outside the restaurant continuing our conversation. A lady was walking her dog and stopped to chat. She reminded me that it was my prayers over many years that had brought her husband to faith in Christ.

Ron Drummond delivered parcels to the Christian bookstore that I owned and managed for 15 years. He was not a believer at the time but I often reminded him that he was doing God's work by bringing me the books and Bibles that I sold. He was part of the network of individuals that the Lord was using to get His Word out to the people.

After years of prayer, encouragement, seed sowing and watering, Ron gave His life to the Lord and has been serving Him ever since.

What an encouragement this morning to be reminded of this by his wife Marilyn!

Dear friend, don't be disheartened by the seeming lack of visible fruit for your labors. God is working behind the scenes and you will be made aware of the abundant harvest in a future day.

Paul, writing to the church in Galatia, stated, "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9 (ESV)

So, my friend, press on! God is not unjust to forget your labor of love. (Hebrews 6:10) Just when you need it most, the Father will reveal what was done for eternity as a result of your sowing.

Keep spreading the seed!

4 comments:

jel said...

words of wisdom here!


Thanks David!

Terry said...

Dear David...I don't know if the John 3:16 texts were delivered in your town or not, but for over ten years now the young people have been taking trips to different cities and delivering them house to house. They even went to Mexico once and delivered thousands of them!
One of the young lads from the Gospel Hall is a real estate guy and he told his Grampa Yade one day that at least 40 per cent of the houses that he has seen have that John 3:16 framed and hanging on their walls.
One little guy that was delivering them was so heart broken one day. He told me, "Aunt Terry the man just took the text and threw it right into the blue box.!" I told him, "Michael don't you worry about that. You did your part giving it to him, and maybe the man who collects the recycle will read that verse!And maybe he will be saved!
And then another time a little paper boy who was known to one of the Chrisians got saved.
As he told us "How could I help it? EVERY house that I had to deliver the newspaper to had one of those verses in the mailbox and I kept having to read it over and over!

David the Seed Sowers has a site on the internet. It is really interesting.
It would be an interesting to Saija that they started out I believe, in Portage...
Your posting just mad me think if htis David.

I cannot believe it! You owned a book store.
How exciting! That would be better than what we used to wish for when we were kids that our parents owned a candy store!!
Just imagine though-a WHOLE store just stuffed full of books!!

Good posting as usual ....From Terry

Pilot Mom said...

It is difficult at times here in Utah to "see" the final result. However, my husband and I keep reminding ourselves that someone prepares the soil, someone else often does the watering and finally, someone else gets to reap the harvest. We feel our part is removing the stones from the ground...getting the soil ready for the seed. Of course, we are still spreading the seed even as we move the stones. :)

Lauren-Mary said...

What a great post!
Galatians 6:9 was just what I needed to hear (or should I say read !?!) right now.