Thursday, November 16, 2006

Powerful Words


Yesterday I visited a friend who is battling for his life. He is resting at home and he wanted me to come and pray with him. What a privilege to share God's Word with this beloved brother who knows Jesus and is going to see Him soon. After taking his hand and praying, I read this favorite verse of mine from Isaiah. What words of comfort! What encouragement! I pray that you will find strength in God's inspired, inerrant word today!

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)

2 comments:

Terry said...

That is so nice that you went to visit your friend David.
When you have been so ill yourself at times, I think that you would have more understanding and the prayers that you prayed on his behalf would be full of love and meaning.Not just empty words.

And don't forget that the Lord takes notice of these things as He has mentioned.."I was sick and ye visited me. Matt.25:36..

Take care David and blessings on this newest blog of yours....from Terry

eija said...

That verse is one of my absolute favourites in the whole Bible. And a long - really long - time ago I turned it into a song.

Blessings to your friend - and you.