Saturday, November 11, 2006

Words Fitly Spoken

The following poem came to me as I drove home from work early this morning:

A word fitly spoken
To a heart that’s been broken
A list’ning ear ready to hear;
Learning to fashion
A touch of compassion
Giving hope where there
Used to be fear.

An encouraging word
Is still too seldom heard
As trials are faced ev’ry day;
So speak words of love
That are birthed from above
From the Giver of life
Christ, the Way.

He brings healing and peace
Sweet joy and release
From the burdens that
Once held us bound;
So trust Him today
And then you can say
I was lost but, praise God,
Now I’m found!


- David W. Fisher, November 11th, 2006

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." - Proverbs 25:11 (NKJV)

Be encouraged today, dear friends!

1 comment:

Lauren-Mary said...

That's such a beautful poem!
"An encouraging word is still too seldom heard"- that is so true. It's so important for us to encourage each other isn't it?! I know for me personally that sometimes even the smallest word of encouragement can do wonders. We all need a place to find encouragemet, and that's why I think the Barnabas blog is such a fantastic idea!

*L