Thursday, December 07, 2006

Disquieted?

My friend have you ever been "disquieted within you"? I'm convinced that you have! We all have! We don't use the "King James Version" terminology though. As I write this post I'm sensing a measure of "disquiet" in my own spirit. Why, you ask? I'm not sure!

Two days ago at our Chaplain's Roundtable, one of the other speakers quoted from the 42nd Psalm. When he came to the word "disquieted" he asked the audience to "fill in the blank"...to give him the next word. I spoke up with our "word for today", disquieted. Perhaps I've been in that state enough over these 61 years that I've come to understand what the psalmist was trying to convey.

Regardless, let's not stop there. Let's take heart in the psalmist's response. His solution. "Hope thou in God."

Trust Him today! He is our Hope! A Living Hope! An anchor for the soul! Praise Him today!

Trust Him today!
Praise Him today!
Then your "disquiet"
Will soon fade away!

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." - Psalm 42:11 (KJV)

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." - Psalm 43:5 (KJV)

Be encouraged today, dear friend!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Dear David...I think you are feeling diquieted because you are doing so much for the Lord and you know the devil doesn't like that at all.
I remember Mr.GP Taylor speaking on this once that every time some good work is being done for the Lord.."Then cometh the devil".
Just as he tempted the Lord Jesus in the wilderness so is he trying to discourage God's dear people.
David don't you give up because God is really appreciating you and your hard work for Him and so do all of us!
You are an encourager...Love Terry

Lauren-Mary said...

I second what Terry said!

Like I commented on a few posts down, I think your work is so important. Every athlete you've helped and encouraged is so blessed, as are all of us lucky enough to be a part of the "Fisher connection". Your posts have never once failed to get me thinking and reading my Bible more and more!
Like you always say to us....be encouraged!

*L