Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Father's Arms

Here's a post from the Pilgrim Scribblings archive that I thought might encourage you.

Recently I saw this picture in one of my mother's photo albums and asked her if I could borrow it to post here. This was taken back in 1946 when I was 15 months old. Didn't my father look handsome and manly? He was! Dad has gone "home" to be with our heavenly Father so I don't have him to stand behind me anymore but "my heavenly Father watches over me".
Reminds me of the words of a chorus I wrote way back in the 70's.

"Before me, behind me, Thy hand shall be upon me,
Thy right hand shall lead me and guide me always.
How precious Thy thoughts Lord to me, Thy new creation;
Now search me and know me and lead me to God."

Fall back into Father's arms and rest in Him. He'll stand behind you and strengthen you as you journey on.

"The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms." - Deuteronomy 33:27

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fall back into Father's arms and rest in Him."

That's pretty much what I was told yesterday, too. And exactly what I long for!

How come sometimes it's so overwhelmingly difficult?

Terry said...

Really really nice David!!

Nice picture too. You know what? I think that all of our new fangled digital cameras can come close to the old brownies, eh?....from Terry