Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mountain Breezes

Greetings, dear friends! We just returned from the Christian bookstore in Ottawa, Shiloh Storehouse, where I picked up a copy of Amy Carmichael's "Mountain Breezes", a volume of her collected poems.

Her work entitled Thy Way Is Perfect caught my attention. The accompanying scripture passages is
2 Samuel 22:31.

Amy writes:

Long is the way and very steep the slope;
Strengthen me once again, O God of Hope.

Far, very far, the summit doth appear;
But Thou art near, my God, but Thou art near.

And Thou wilt give me with my daily food,
Powers of endurance, courage, fortitude.


Thy way is perfect, only let that way
Be clear before my feet from day to day.

Thou art my Portion, saith my soul to Thee,
Oh, what a Portion is my God to me!

No comments: