Friday, February 23, 2007

Trust, Wait, Watch

Dear friends, please accept my apologies for not posting much in the last few days. I've been busily preparing for my pilgrimage to England next week. My long-awaited dream will become reality next Tuesday, Lord willing, when I board the plane in Toronto, bound for London, England. My flight leaves just before midnight on the 27th. Thanks for your prayers!

The following devotional on David Jeremiah's Turning Point site was worth sharing:

"He who did not spare his own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

Recommended Reading - Genesis 4:1-14

"Perhaps you have been an answer to prayer in someone’s life without even planning to. You drive down a street and encounter a friend whose car has broken down by the side of the road. Or you feel led to send a special financial gift to a missionary friend only to hear later that it paid for an emergency medical bill. It only takes a couple of those events to make you realize how active God is behind the scenes in meeting peoples’ needs.

Every child of God lives with the assurance that He who met our greatest need through the gift of Christ will also surely meet every subsequent need we have. In no one’s life is God’s constancy in meeting needs more apparent than in Joseph’s. For instance, Joseph needed to get out of prison. When Pharaoh needed someone to interpret his dreams, the only person on earth who knew Joseph could interpret dreams told Pharaoh about him. So Pharaoh ordered Joseph released—and he never returned. Joseph trusted God, waited patiently, and then watched as God miraculously met his need.

Imitate Joseph, for he had the order right: trust God, wait patiently, and watch expectantly. And don’t forget to give God time."

"Hurry is the death of prayer." - Samuel Chadwick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Daivd,
Will be praying that this trip will be a blessing to you , cause I know you will be a blessing to them over there!
God's love to ya!



could bring back a postcare form there! :)
thanks

Pilot Mom said...

"Hurry is the death of prayer." What a powerful statement. I shudder to think what I miss when I hurry through anything, but especially my time with the Lord. May it never be so.

Terry said...

Dear David...I will have to tell you what I told Lauren-mary once. Even though you missed a few days of postings, you have so much on your site that we can go over it again and be benefited
Lauren-mary writes such good messages that I tell her they are worth at least a week to ponder on!!...Love Terry