Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Security Net

How is your day going, dear friend? Remember, this is the day that the Lord has made and He will walk with you each minute and every mile!

Today's thought from my Chuck Swindoll desk calendar speaks of God's security net which spans the globe.

He writes, "God's great net of security spans the globe. No matter when His children live, He has stretched out His everlasting arms beneath them."

The accompanying scripture is one that I've used many times before on my blogs. "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." - Deuteronomy 33:27 (KJV)

I'll add that we as believers have another security net to undergird us. We have each other! What a privilege to pray for others in the "Fisher connection" throughout the world. Rodney in Australia is just as close as Julie in Peterborough. We are all one in Christ Jesus and we can "bear one another's burdens and thus fulfil the law of Christ." - Galatians 6:2 (KJV)

I'm grateful today for each of my brothers and sisters in the Lord who are scattered around the globe. We have a gracious Father who looks down from above and everlasting arms which lift us up from below.

We are in a safe place, in Christ! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

"God's great net of security spans the globe. No matter when His children live, He has stretched out His everlasting arms beneath them."

I love this quote of his! Such a comfort to me.