Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dews of Quietness

Years ago I posted this poem above my desk in the basement of our home. This morning I needed peace. I needed quiet. I needed order. I needed beauty. Reading this reminded me of the Source of every good and perfect gift...the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
'Til all our stivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace."

- John Greenleaf Whittier

"Acquaint thyself now with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee." - Job 22:21

NOTE: Photo courtesy of Saija from Thro' A Glass Darkly. She took this photo this morning, Saturday, November 18th at her home in the province of Manitoba, Canada.

1 comment:

jel said...

very good post,
and picture


hi Dave