Friday, November 17, 2006

Finnish Friend

Good morning, dear friends! Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Writing and maintaining "the Barnabas Blog" over the last week and a half has been such a blessing to me. Your comments have been so encouraging. Over the years I've often been asked, "Where does 'the Encourager' receive his encouragement?" Well, like David of old, I trust that I will "encourage myself in the Lord, my God." He is our Ultimate Source of encouragement and blessing. But, like has often been said, "We want a God with skin on". That's what you are, my friends. No, you're NOT God but you are His children, His agents of reconciliation, His ambassadors, His hands and feet in a world that desperately needs to know Him and experience His salvation and redemption.

So, having said all this, I want to share a "post" from across the Atlantic in Finland. My (our) new friend Eija from The Invisible wrote the following on her blog recently. I read it this morning and I was refreshed and encouraged. I trust that you will find a quiet place today where you can hear God's voice, feel His touch and sense His amazing love and grace. Be encouraged today, dear friends!

Eija writes:

"Today I feel dry, tired, exhausted and anxious. I’ve let all kinds of worries take the best out of me lately. And it’s taking its toll. But God is faithful. I just came across a new blog. The author is David Warren Fisher - the same who writes over at Pilgrim Scribblings and a couple of other blogs, too.

His new one - the Barnabas Blog - has a fresh feeling in it. And I find it oozing serenity, peace and God’s love. The exact things I needed just this morning. So maybe it’s just because of where I am today - but go ahead and check it out - it might do the same for you! "

Eija


Friends, we want "the Barnabas Blog" to be an oasis during the wilderness experiences of life. A place of refreshment!

And, before I say "goodbye" let me share a verse of Scripture with you. That's part of the mandate (and requirement) of "the Barnabas Blog". I MUST post a verse from God's Word within each post. His Word brings life, hope and peace.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior". - Isaiah 43:1-3 (NIV)

5 comments:

Terry said...

Dear David..Beautiful posting and priceless verse.
I have a dear blogging friend who is passing though the fire the last few months and as I read his postings more and more I can see that the Lord is cetainly with him and to me it seems that he is coming out gold!

What a nice comment from Eija about your new Barnabas site David.
We all feel the same about it. It is truly been a blessing so far!..from Terry

In shady, green pastures,so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the waters cool flow bathes the weary one's feet,
God leads His dear children along.

Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long

Saija said...

amen ...

singing along with terry ...

jel said...

morning all,

you 2 sing very nice!


Blessings

Terry said...

Ha!! If that David would only join us we would be one nice trio!!..hee hee!!'
I HAVE heard from the grape vine Jel that he is one great piano player..this pilgrim friend of ours with many talents!...

Hmm... I think the grape vine I heard it from was the Fish himself!

jel said...

I would like to hear that! :)