Thursday, November 30, 2006

Getting A Response

Good morning friends!

Just wondering...

When you write someone do you look forward to their response? When you leave a message do you anticipate a reply? When you post a well-thought-out entry on your blog are you encouraged by positive comments? How do you feel when there's no response?

This morning I was thinking of the letter that God wrote, using many of His servants as scribes. What about the sacred, holy, inspired, inerrant message He has preserved and graciously given to us? The eternal God has blogged His truth to light our way and guide us home.

When did we last respond with gratefulness that the Father has given us His Word? When did I last speak to Him specifically about what the Bible means to me?

We can utter the words but the best way to respond to this great gift, this priceless present, this eternal expression of His heart is to "hide it in our hearts", "to search the scriptures daily to see whether these things be so", to cherish His Word by living by its precepts.

Just a thought...

"Your decrees are my treasure; they are truly my heart's delight. I am determined to keep Your principles, even forever, to the very end." - Psalm 119:111,112 (NLT)

Be encouraged today, dear friends! His Word will guide us through the darkness to our desired haven.

Reflect His light today...right where you are!

4 comments:

Julie said...

How true David...sometimes we almost seem to take it for granted that we can read His Word anytime we want. I thank Him for a lot of things, but this has shown me that I need to remember to thank Him more often for the Truth that He has given us.

When you think that reading (or owning) a Bible is not allowed in some countries we need to be grateful for that freedom! I read a neat fact this week...did you know that, in addition to Bible being the best-selling book in the world, it is ALSO the most shop-lifted/stolen book in the world?

Well, I think I'm starting to ramble...sorry that I don't post comments more often..I must do better at that. This is a great blog...I've been encouraged coming in here and so I hope and pray that my comment here today will leave you encouraged!

Great work David! Keep on blogging and encouraging and serving Him!

Julie

Lauren-Mary said...

I'm just going to say again what a great idea this blog is!
I love reading the Lord's word, and keeping it in my heart, butI am guilty of not thanking the Lord enough for providing me with a light for my path.
Speaking of replies to posts- thank you so much for all your replies, encouragement and prayers. You are such a blessing to me, and all your other readers!

Terry said...

Wow!! Julie,"Sweet Inspirations" has been brought out of the wood work.. How nice!!
Julie the reason I love Davids' blogs so much is because not only are they encouraging and uplifting but all you guys come to comment and I love reading your good comments.I am so happy to be part of the Fisher Connection!
Although David doesn't comment a lot on our blogs, I feel it is such a privilege when he takes one of our pictures and posts it on his blog site ,and the special little comments he gives on his blog are so nice . I know that he has a lot of blogs to check out and rest assured he IS checking them!!So it is enough for me that he mentions us all on his blogs from time to time.
David's blogs like I think I mentioned before are an oasis in the desert!...Love Terry


Oh by the way... Hi Daivd and Lauren-Mary!

jel said...

I couldn't have say it any better, Terry!

morning all!

have a great day!