Friday, December 01, 2006

Consolation In Anxious Moments

My friend, there's a verse in one of the Psalms that comes to mind time and time again and I find great comfort as I think of the psalmist's testimony. The rendering which I first read was from the New International Version (NIV) so this wording has the most meaning to me historically:

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." - Psalm 94:19

Other translations don't seem quite as meaningful to me although a paraphrase of several verses from this psalm from The Message is good:

"Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling, "your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up." (verses 16-19)

Are you overly concerned about a situation today, dear friend? Are financial woes seeking to bury you? Is there a relationship that is strained and is seemingly beyond repair? Take those anxieties to the Great Consoler, the God of all comfort, the One who is big enough to deal with any and every problem. Find consolation in the everlasting arms of Abba Father today. He understands and He cares. TRUST HIM!

4 comments:

Terry said...

David... If God be for us WHO can be against us, eh?...From Terry

And that "if" is really the word "since"!!There is absolutely NO doubt about it that the Lord is for us!

Diane Viere said...

Just what I needed this day....seriously, I just posted about Christmas-anxiety!!!!

Thanks!

Diane

Pilot Mom said...

"Take those anxieties to the Great Consoler, the God of all comfort, the One who is big enough to deal with any and every problem. Find consolation in the everlasting arms of Abba Father today. He understands and He cares. TRUST HIM!"

How true, how true! If I had not been doing this all along, I would be a basket case right now at the thought of my mom coming home TOMORROW (Sat). How precious He is to me for He has kept me in "His perfect peace." :)

Terry said...

Good Morning Pilgrim David and the rest of the Fisher Connection...Just breezing by to wish for you all a blessed Lord's Day.
Now I have to blow out of here to pick up a car full of kids for Sunday School.... Love Terry