Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mounting Up

Thank you, dear friends, for your prayers the last few days. The Chaplain's Roundtable conference in Lansing, MI went very well. There seemed to be a favorable response to my presentation entitled The Necessity of Encouragement in Sports Ministry.

Of course we all know that ENCOURAGEMENT is absolutely essential in every walk of life. Where would we be without it? I trust that the Barnabas Blog has been a blessing to each of you. I'm sorry that I missed posting for a couple of days. I assure you that I will make up for it.

So, my friends, wait on the Lord and you will renew your strength. I'm so grateful to the encouragement that Isaiah penned under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Mount up on eagle's wings!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Good morning David...Nice to hear that you are back safely and that all went well for you and for the listeners!

You missed one incredible snow storm while you were gone!!
It waas a hum dinger but then the next day when I wanted to take some pictures for Mrs. Mac, well the sun just melted it and the rain took it right away!!

Well I am off to work now and hope that you have a good day and I am looking forward to your next posting on the Barnabas blog.!

Really good verse to start the day out with....from Terry

jel said...

I didn't scoll down far enough ,

Glad to hear that it was a good trip ,

and this blog has been a blessing ,
and that is my Fav, verse!

have a great day!

Lauren-Mary said...

Glad to have you back! Encouragement IS so important. I was really interested to hear what your topic was! I really struggled when I competing a lot to stay strong in my faith and my walk with the Lord, and I had no support system what so ever. In fact, I had some teammates who would purposely try to get me to stray. I never had access to programs that would have encouraged me and helped me out. (I actually never knew that sports ministry even existed before I started reading your posts!).
"If anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victors crown unless he competes according to the rules" (2 Timothy 2:5). I have that verse written down and tucked in to all my equipment bags so whenever I'm at a practice or a competition I can see it and remember who's team I'm really competing for.
I'll be praying for your ministry, because I know how important it is and how much of a need there is for it.